An Individual Professional Development Plan or other system of documenting training requirements and continuing education must be maintained, available for review, and updated annually. The plan is a valuable record that documents educational objectives met by staff and can assist in determining other learning needs. Costs associated with training (travel, fees) should be reflected in the MCH grant budget at the time of application.
All program staff must complete the Kansas Basic Home Visitation Training, developed in partnership between KDHE and the Kansas Head Start Association. The training includes two parts – online and face to face – but Supervisors are ONLY required to complete the online portion.
Basic Online Training, KS-TRAIN course ID# 1043474
- Must be completed within 30 days of hire and prior to providing services
- Required for all regardless of profession/credential because content is specific to home visiting services
HIPAA: Right to Access and Documentation Module 3, KS-TRAIN course ID# 1072486
Fall Regional Home Visiting Training
Supervisors are strongly encouraged to attend this annual training administered by KDHE in order to provide adequate support and supervision to their Home Visitors and local agency program.
Other Continuing Education Options
- Consider attending quality conferences and events such as the Governor’s Public Health Conference, Governor’s Conference for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect, and Kansas Public Health Association Conference.
- KS-TRAIN. KS-TRAIN maintains records of all trainings completed through that site.
- Public Health Connections
- Institute for the Advancement of Family Support Professionals
- The MCH Navigator is an online learning portal for MCH professionals funded by the Federal Maternal and Child Health Bureau, which provides free foundational and essential training/education for those working to improve the health of women, infants, and families. NOTE: The MCH Navigator does not provide certificates or records of completion, so it is important to document the course and date completed OR capture a screen shot of the completion page for each course.